With the end of the holidays upon us, it’s time to start packing up all the decorations and storing them in the attic. But this time as you’re wrestling with those annoying boxes you notice something is off, there’s a leak, this is not good and you’re sure of it. It’s time to replace your roof, nothing anybody wants to hear. While it may seem like a daunting task, it’s something that must be done and sometimes it’s not the worst thing in the world. There are many benefits of replacing your roof that you may not know of; below we’ll take a look as to what some of the lesser known benefits of replacing your roof are.
1. Home Value: One of the better benefits of replacing the roof on your property (if done right) is that it increases the value of your property. With a brand new roof (saying you were to sell anytime soon) prospective buyers don’t have to worry about replacing the roof anytime soon thus increase the value of the home.
2. A More Efficient Household: The older the roof the greater the chance it can be leaking air, whether it’s cool or warm air, this causes your HVAC system to work harder to get the rooms in your home to the desired temperature. This will save you money on energy bills and also be less taxing on the environment, so it’s a win-win!
3. A Safe Home is a Happy Home: If your roof is not in the best shape there’s a chance it can be a danger to you and your family. An old roof can have compromised structural integrity and has a possibility it will collapse, which isn’t good- especially with people is inside. A new roof will also help prevent mold and mildew buildup, which can be prevalent especially in Massachusetts thanks to humid weather.
4. Be the Best Looking House on the Block: A new roof can be a whole new look for your home. A roof that is falling apart is pretty obvious and can really make your home an eye-sore. A new roof installation can really tie together the aesthetic of your home and create a much better looking property overall.
5. Peace of Mind: Especially true for us New Englanders with brutal winters and weather, if there is a lot of buildup of snow or extremely muggy elements you’ll always have the lingering suspicion of whether or not your roof will hold for another winter. Knowing you have a new, warranty covered, solid roof over your head will really make your day-to-day life much easier with one less thing to worry about.
If you think it’s time to replace your roof, it is important to hire an expert contractor with plenty of industry experience to ensure the jobs done right the first time. At US Siding & Construction we are a family operated business that makes sure all employees are trained and licensed in their trades, guaranteeing the best possible work on every project. For a consultation or any questions you may have about your next roofing project don’t hesitate to give us a ring at 617-467-5005 and we’ll get started!